Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Less than 10 weeks???? That is now single digits!!

Wednesday I will be "exactly" 31 weeks pregnant! Pregnancy is 40 weeks! That is only 9 weeks left before Randy and I are officially parents!! And all I have to say is:
HOLY CRAP!! WHERE DID THE TIME GO??

It seems like only a few weeks ago we were sitting in the doctor's office and heard him say, "Young Lady....You're pregnant!!" But, in actuality, that was 5 months ago!! And we still have a lot of  work to do in Kylar's room. Randy has done a great job on the room. But with going out of town and Randy's work schedule it is hard to get it all done. I am just glad we have the majority of it finished.

Kylar is doing great! She is kicking up a storm! She has been breech the whole time. The doctor has mentioned a few options if she doesn't flip on her own. The first is to try an external version at 36 weeks to try and get her to flip from the inside out. Unfortunately, they preform versions in a hospital in case baby goes into distress and they need to do an emergency c-section. That seems like a bit risky if you ask us. And the success rate is only 50% and even lower since this is the first time I have ever been pregnant. And, even if the version IS successful, there is still a chance she will flip back over. It just doesn't seem worth it to risk our baby going into distress for a less than 50% chance it will work. The other option is to just have a c-section at 39 weeks. We are going to have an ultra sound in 4 weeks to check her position and growth.  I don't want to curse it or anything, but we are pretty sure she flipped. I am feeling the kicks a lot higher now than before. Maybe it was her daddy encouraging her to flip every night? Maybe it was her Grammy "dragging" us :) on a 2 mile walk around Mundelein? Maybe it was her mommy jumping around in one of those air filled jumpers? Who knows!! But hopefully if she has flipped, she will stay that way!

As far as how I am doing. I am great. I feel like I am growing more and more each day! I love just sitting there and following her little kicks on my big belly. I even put the phone or remote on there to see how long it will take her to move it! That is an entertaining way to pass the time. Unfortunately a few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It is nothing serious or anything. But all the extra hormones and everything going on in my body, make it too hard for my pancreas to turn sugars into insulin. And if this goes untreated, it can cause large babies and some other issues because she will get all that sugar in her system. I am on a pretty strict "meal plan" and I check my blood sugar levels 4x a day. So far I have my sugars under control and it doesn't look like I will need medicine to produce insulin. Randy has been extremely supportive with all this. He will not eat any sweets in front of me and he only eats things that I am able to eat. And he is great when I have my occasionally sweet tooth breakdown. They haven't happened very often, but sometimes it is just a little sad not being able to have something sweet if I crave something sweet. But he is great about reminding me that it is only a short time left and it benefits our beautiful baby girl.

Well, I do not think there is anything else that I wanted to mention. I am sure Randy will be completing Kylar's room within the next 2 maybe 3 weekends! And that will include everything from the flooring to rearranging the furniture. So hopefully he will be blogging about that soon!!

No comments: